Für das Weltraumspiel Astroneer steht das Holiday-Update zum Download bereit.
Mit dem jüngsten Update kehren die CHEER Kisten wieder nach Sylva, Desolo, Calidor und Glacio zurück. Mit den Kisten könnt ihr verloren gegangene Objekte wiedererlangen und sie zu EXO Dynamics schicken.
Ein direktes Upgrade für Xbox Series X|S bekommt Astroneer zwar mit diesem Update nicht spendiert. Doch das abwärtskompatible Spiel erhält dafür zusätzliche wenn auch gegenüber der PC-Version begrenzte visuelle Verbesserungen, die über die Einstellungen aktiviert werden können.
Hier die Patch Notes mit weiteren Details zu neuen Plattformen, Fehlerkorrekturen und mehr:
Project CHEER Delivery LTE
Project CHEER crates have returned to Sylva, Desolo, Calidor, and Glacio! Recover lost objects and send them back to EXO Dynamics via the Request Platform. Be on the lookout for a new CHEER object!
EXO has also made additions to the Small Printer; use scrap and other resources to produce CHEER objects for recovery!
EXO Dynamics will give rewards for participation, these include:
- “Tinsel Town” Palette – Rewarded for reaching 1500 Recovery Points of objects returned.
- “Festive Chapbow” Hat – Rewarded for reaching 3500 Recovery Points of objects returned.
- “Baublehead” Visor – Rewarded for reaching 6500 Recovery points of objects returned.
- Useful incremental rewards along the way.
- Randomized recurring rewards from EXO at the end of the event.
High Quality Mode
Added new High Quality Mode for higher end hardware which will affect draw distance, shadow quality, object detail, lighting quality and terrain quality at the cost of performance
- Full High Quality support on PC via various sliders in the settings menu
- Added support for limited High Quality support on Xbox One with a more involved Series X/S option (that is accessible via backwards compatibility but has to be enabled in the settings menu)
- Added support for limited High Quality support on PS4 with a more involved PS5 option (that is accessible via backwards compatibility but has to be enabled in the settings menu)
- Added code fixes and FOV (field of view) slider that will help with ultra-widescreen setups on PC
- Added various CPU and GPU optimizations that will speed up game rendering even if High Quality Mode is disabled
- Fixed periodic frame hitching due to services calls by making them asynchronous
Improved Shuttle Controls
While orbiting a planet, you can adjust your speed to avoid long waits or missed opportunities. (Adjusting orbit speed doesn’t consume fuel).
The doubled up ‚Launch‘ action has been split into ‚Launch into Orbit‘ and ‚Launch to Another Planet‘, which will launch the shuttle directly into the ‚Planet Orbit View‘ or ‚Solar System View‘, respectively. (You can back out of launching to another planet by selecting the planet you’re currently orbiting).
Make the most of your auto arms with these specially designed platforms.
Large Extended Platform
- Byte cost: 500
- Recipe: Resin x2
- Printer: Medium
XL Extended Platform
- Byte cost: 750
- Recipe: Resin x3
- Printer: Large
A number of backpack items can now also be printed from the Small Printer. This includes:
- Small Canister
If you’ve got leftover biofuels from the B.O.O. event, you can now research them for Bytes
Store – New Items Available Now!
New Limited Time Bundle – GINGERBREAD! Warm up with some sweet new gear! Available in EXO Outfitters for a limited time.
- Candy Crown Hat
- Sugar Coated Palette
- Sweet Outlook Visor
- Frontier Suit
- Seasonal Helper Hatd
- Ant-10A Hat
- Snowdrifters Mask
- Festive Fringe Mask
- Candy Cane Palette
- Glow Up Palette
- Minted Visor
The following bugs have been fixed as of version 18.104.22.168:
- [AS-13251] Fixed a bug where the power meter around the cable slot on several sensor platforms would not light up when powered
- [AS-7149] Fixed a bug where plants would sometimes change color when being harvested by the terrain tool
- [AS-6859] Fixed a bug where research samples on Sylva were sometimes changing color while in view of the player
- [AS-6144] Fixed a bug where research samples on Sylva sometimes didn’t match the color of the plant they were attached to
Limited Time Event
- [AS-12873] Fixed a bug with the PUM-KN Shelter not being properly shared in multiplayer sessions after unlocking the item in a different save.
- [AS-12372] Fixed an issue where the control panel on the Exo Request Platform would incorrectly display the host’s event progress when a client progressed to the repeating stage of the event
- [AS-12494] Fixed a bug where the warning given when switching between adventure and creative modes was not properly localized in languages other than English
- [AS-12488] Fixed an issue where the final message at the end of the credits was not properly localized in languages other than English
- [AS-13278] Fixed a bug where the Party time Palette was not localized in any language other than English
- [AS-12340] Fixed an issue where item tooltips would still appear over the menu when Astropedia was open
- [AS-12936] Fixed an issue with the description of the Large Resource Canister in the catalog containing inaccurate information about the item.
- [AS-12492] Fixed some confusing wording in the warning given when switching between adventure and creative modes
- [AS-12277] Fixed an instance where the game would sometimes hitch when grabbing an item from a slot that would be automatically filled by another item.