Das PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Xbox Team gibt bekannt, dass auf den Xbox Test Servern einige Änderungen vorgenommen werden. Darüber hinaus werden die Ranglisten zurückgesetzt.
- The radius around a character in which data is calculated by the server has been reduced to improve server and client performance.
Previously, PUBG calculated data around a 1km radius of the character. We’ve reduced the radius to significantly reduce the data calculated at any given time, which frees up server resources that were handling all that character, object, and asset data. This adjustment should improve rubberbanding and frame rate overall. This will also improve loading times of resources around you.
We have also lowered the maximum memory used for loading. This has had a big impact on many performance issues such as rubberbanding and frame rate. This is why some graphics appear to have been downgraded compared to live server. We’re still experimenting with this, but currently the limit disallows a fully loaded texture, which we understand might lower immersion for some.
- Asset/Building loading in Miramar has been optimized.
This is another reason why the graphics seem downgraded. We’ve divided different stages of asset loading, so it won’t go from 0 to 100 like it is on the live server. You’ll be getting a lower quality texture at first which will improve until it is fully loaded. Textures may seem downgraded as they gradually load in, whereas on live they go from nothing to fully loaded. Unfortunately, this does add another problem, where props inside the building are sometimes loaded later than usual, which sometimes will result in players getting stuck. Our next step is to improve the loading logic to resolve this issue.
Issues on PTS
Since these updates are on the PTS, there are still some issues that need to be worked out. Our goal is to get these fixed by the time the patch reaches live servers.
- Lighting on Miramar – It is very bright on Miramar due to incorrect weather settings. We’re planning to implement dynamic weather on Xbox as well, and some testing for that caused the issue.The weather will be back to its original state on live servers!
- AR attachments have QBZ in their description – QBZ will be coming to Xbox, but at a later date. This will remain as it is.
- ‘PRESS [R] to report spectating player’ message will be removed during spectating.
- UI is overlapped in the main menu
- Loot box unable to be seen after a player is dead – There was a bug with character location optimization which increases a lot of frames in CQC. We’re trying hard to fix this bug, please send videos of the situation to accelerate resolving the issue.
OC/AS Server Merge
To have a healthier matchmaking for OC and AS servers, we will be merging both servers. This is planned to be done as the PTS build goes to live servers. We will expand on this in the upcoming patch notes.
Our Leaderboard will be reset with the new patch! Leaderboard will need data for at least 1,000 people to be displayed.
Thank you all for your continued feedback. We will continue to work on the addressed issues and fix as many as possible by the time these updates are moved to the live server. If you want to help test, or simply try out the new features listed, download the PTS from the Microsoft Store. We are closely monitoring your feedback, so if you find anything new, please send in descriptions, screenshots, video, and of course your hardware information so we can reproduce bugs as reliably as possible.