Gears of War: Ultimate Edition bekommt morgen ein 5 GB großes ein Title Update spendiert, dass einige Wünsche der Community umsetzt. Passend dazu wird ein „Seriously TDM“-Event veranstaltet, bei der es 30 Respawns gibt. Die Playlist gibt es bis zum 29. Februar 2016.
Hier sind die Änderungen:
- Kills in Social playlists now also count towards the ‘Seriously’ achievement
- Improvements to Boomshot hit registration
- Addressed some matchmaking issues that caused long wait times
- Improvements to hit registration on downed enemies (sponging)
- Small improvements to the Left Trigger Issue
- Fixed hit detection when shooting an enemy in cover against the top pillars on Clocktower
- Removed POI on Right Stick for Alternate Control Scheme
- Bug fixes and general improvements
Playlist Update Details
- Increased Execution XP to better match the gain in other modes
- Moved Blitz from Competitive to Social
- Added a new Competitive TDM playlist
- Returned Warzone as a permanent playlist
- Returned Assassination as a playlist for a limited time
Darüber hinaus hat The Coalition noch ein kleines FAQ zum Update veröffentlicht:
How big is the update?
The update is around 5GB and is mandatory to install in order to play while connected to LIVE. We recommend you leave your Xbox in the Always On power mode so the update can download in the background once it’s deployed.
Will Seriously count my kills in Social from before the update?
The achievement will not retroactively add your kills from social games before the update to your achievement progress. From the update onwards, you’ll be able to add to your kill count in any Social or Competitive playlist.
How does moving Blitz to Social combat quitters?
With the move to 2 rounds to win, following in the footsteps of King of the Hill, Blitz suffered in Competitive because a quitting team member would have a big impact on the team. We’re moving Blitz to Social in order to allow ‚joining in progress‘, where players can be matchmade into empty slots on an active team, which Competitive does not allow. This works effectively for King of the Hill, and we expect the same success for Blitz.
What happens to the TDM Leaderboards?
TDM leaderboards will now only register in Competitive TDM matches. All your leaderboard stats will transfer to this leaderboard, even if they were earned in Social matches before the update.
Why is Assassination only returning as a playlist temporarily?
Assassination is notably behind the other modes in terms of player population, which results in a less than ideal matchmaking experience. While we have returned it for now to offer a bigger window for players to earn the ‚Mix It Up‘ achievement, we will be returning to a less commonly appearing ‚Special Event‘ playlist at some point in the future.
Will Warzone disappear during Special Event periods?
It will not! At this time, Warzone is sticking around permanently, even when a Special Event is running.
What is POI?
POI (Point of Interest) is the ‚Y Button to Look‘ prompt for default control users. Users using alternate controls for Multiplayer reported accidental stick clenching causing them deaths in multiplayer, so the function was removed on alternate controls.